EAN presents its work on the European Conference “Youth participation in bullying prevention”
- The conference was held on 11 November in Helsinki and looked into innovative approaches to engage the youth for social action against bullying in partnership with school staff and parents.
- The event brought together experts, teachers, school social workers, principals and youth with the aim to present, discuss and share their work against bullying. The overall goal of the conference was to empower the whole school community in an effort to prevent bullying, and especially its implications in online environments.
- The dissemination of the projects results were focused on bullying prevention strategies and peer support work in schools and gave the opportunity to the participants to share material targeted to schools.
- Ioanna Sandru, member of the BoD of EAN and President of “Asociatia DIRECT” Organization from Romania presented the main objectives, good practices and work of the European Anti-bullying Network among the participants and disseminated useful relevant material and information on the future priorities of the network.
- During the conference other projects were also presented under the leadership of Mannerheim League for Child Welfare. Project partners were comprised of a network of dedicated NGOs with complementary programs and expertise in youth participation, peer support, and bullying prevention in schools.
- Among the participants were representatives of Childnet International, TORE from Estonia, the Diana Award project, the Folkhälsan association for social welfare and health, the Mannerheim League for Child Welfare, the KiVa anti-bullying program and the University of Turku in Finland.