Memorandum of Cooperation signed between the Panteion University and “The Smile of the Child”
The signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation between the Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, the Department of Sociology of the Faculty of Social Sciences and “The Smile of the Child” took place in a ceremony, held on Wednesday 15 February 2017, in the presence of the Rector of the University, Professor Ismini Kriari, the President of the Sociology Department Professor Vasiliki Artinopoulou and the President of the Greek Organization for Children and the European Anti-bullying Network, Costas Yannopoulos.
The Rector of the University Ismini Kriari: “It is with great pleasure to establish this official cooperation with “The Smile of the Child”. The Panteion University will provide an added value to the existing actions of the Organization through its expertise on bullying, on issues related to vulnerable groups as well as its educational programs and informative sessions to the scientific personnel of the Organization”.
The President of the Department of Sociology Mrs. Vasiliki Artinopoulou added: “This cooperation is a very practical cooperation with concrete steps and actions. Apart from the internships programs for our students, the Bachelor and Master’s theses, the common research and educational programs and the organization of conferences, Panteion University will have the opportunity to contribute to the work of the Organization on a scientific and a human resources level”.
“The signing of the Memorandum of Cooperation with Panteion University is an honor for “The Smile of the Child” and its scientific personnel. The Organization is on the frontline and the academic community will provide us with the tools, the supervision as well as the evaluation of our scientific personnel with the goal to address more effectively the issues related to children”, Costas Yannopoulos highlighted, while he went on:
“Each of us has its own role. Not anyone knows everything and does everything. Cooperation and uniting forces will highlight, once more, the encouragement of our little 10-year-old founder: “If we all unite forces we will succeed”.
Taking into consideration the need to develop educational, scientific and research cooperation, the parties co-agreed and committed to cooperate in the following areas:
- Take-up capacity (absorption) and job integration of the department’s graduates (Bachelor and Masters holders) to the structures and services of “The Smile of the Child”;
- Cooperation and development of joint research activities and exchange of expertise;
- Joint organization of scientific or research activities (conferences, meetings, public events);
- Certification to actions of social awareness according to international scientific standards;
- Scientific and life-learning to Social Scientists of the Organization on modern social issues falling into the academic areas of the Department of Sociology;
- Any other research or/and educational activity of mutual benefit decided by the two parties;
- Planning and supervision of research activities in the thematic areas of “The Smile of the Child” (Violence against Children, Child Disappearances, Absconding of Teenagers, Trafficking, Smuggling, Poverty and other social issues present in the Greek families);
- Cooperation on the submission and implementation of projects funded by the EU and Greek Institutional actors.